The Gotham City Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roleplay Etiquette

2 posters

Go down

Roleplay Etiquette Empty Roleplay Etiquette

Post by DegenerateDog Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:23 pm

Hello fellow Rpers! Your friendly Dog Admin here, with a quick disclaimer for this thread!

This is a closed thread with the express purpose of showcasing the etiquette of Roleplaying that we expect all members on this forum to adhere to. It goes without saying, but because we’re anticipating all experience levels (Beginner to Veteran), we want to make sure everyone has a clear example of what we expect.

Each thread may be run by different people. While there will be a series of main plot threads that dictate the storyline of the entire forum run by the Admins, anyone can GM their own thread. If a person wants to plot a influential story thread, they must present it to the admins before it get’s accepted.

Being a GM is a responsibility, if you are going to make a thread with an involved storyline, you have to be able to dedicate enough time to it and the people who want to join it. Personal plots however, are not something you need permission to do, though we will still read them.

This is an example of what a personal plot thread should look like, where it is more for character development than story progression. This is the type of thread that you can summarize in your character sheets to update it, characters meeting each other and developing working/personal relationships must be RPed before the admins will accept it.

If you plot character connections outside of the RP threads, be aware that it will not be accepted as ‘canon’ for your character until you RP it on the forum.

Some important things about posting are…

-Reading each post
-Giving other players time to read/post
-Using proper grammar
-Knowing the canon characters you’re RPing as/with
-Knowing the timeline you’re involved in
-No God-modding
-If the GM expects a post order, adhere to that expectation.
DegenerateDog
DegenerateDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Roleplay Etiquette Empty Re: Roleplay Etiquette

Post by DegenerateDog Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:15 pm

Gotham City | East Docks- The Frisky Mermaid | 6:35pm

Roleplay Etiquette 2e32138c-0c60-4b26-af89-4719b50401c1_zpslmq6hc4j

It was getting dark earlier as winter crept over Gotham City, a dreary chill swept across the bay, battering the various ships and business that sat along the water’s edge.

The Frisky Mermaid was an old sailor Pub, a throwback from the times when commerce by water was one of the bigger forms of Trade in Old Gotham. It was dark and creaky and made mostly of wood, with a few modern touches to keep its health code updated, within.

It wasn’t exactly Mame’s home turf, but she knew most of the waitresses and the owner herself had once been an member of Gotham’s homeless youth. Bonnie McGuire felt a small twinge of affection for the nasty brat that was currently working behind the counter in the Pub’s kitchen. Waiting for her meeting time at 6:50 (Mame never used typical times for her meetings).

Mame herself, was busy scrubbing dishes and prepping ingredients for the stinky hef that called Bonnie his wife. The blond didn’t much care for the Irishman, as he always smelled like booze and screamed A LOT for no reason. But Bonnie like him and Mame did not hate Bonnie, so the youth kept her mouth shut on the issue.

A cheap Mickey Mouse watch blipped a cheerful little tune to signal that 6:50pm was close at hand, to which Mame began washing her hands and headed away from the prep area to the employee lounge where her jacket had been left.

Mame hadn’t wanted to do scrub work in the Mermaid’s kitchens tonight, but it gave her time to think and made her a little money on the side. That and well--Bonnie had said if Mame was going to meet up with some dangerous folk in the Pub, she would have to do something for Bonnie.

Mame cursed the kitchen-hand that called in sick on this specific night.

She ignored the chef’s slurred shouts and pulled her jacket on, zipping it up and pulling her hood on to obscure her features. Once her ensemble was all in place, Mame poked her head up to the porthole in the kitchen door to watch the crowds for her meet-up.
DegenerateDog
DegenerateDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:34 pm

The door creaked open and out stepped a figure in a long coat and hood. The wind blowing in with the tails and ends of her poorly constructed fabrics. Walking in, the sound of heavy boots slowly pounded against the floorboards as the door slammed behind her. Looking around, there was no clear sign of who had contacted her.

Alice Mau was cold. The warmth of the bar and her sore legs begged to be seated somewhere. Coming to the conclusion that she was early, she looked to the side by an open booth and walked over to it and planted herself against the hardwood bench. Drawing her hood back, she discarded the robes and set it to the side, revealing a very casual attire. A jacket, flannel underneath, and dog-tags dangling around her neck.

Folding her hands over the table, Alice peered out to the rest of the bar, absorbing the dank little atmosphere the management seemed to intend to showcase. Smirking to herself she looked down at her watch to see the time. Who sets up an appointment at 6:50?
Mercy
Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DegenerateDog Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Mame scrutinized the scene that laid itself out in front of her, absently pulling her hood back down as an idea bubbled to life in the ether of her thoughts. Pushing her bangs out of her face, the teen shoved her way through the kitchen doors, out into the main serving area.

She nabbed a menu as she went and made sure she was wearing the biggest shit eating grin she could manage as she approached Alice.

“Well hi there! Welcome to the Mermaid! Can I start you off with a drink or anything? Or interest you in tonight’s special?” Mame set the menu down in front of Alice and placed a hand on her hip as she waited. This gave her a chance to see the woman up close, Alice looked haunted and cold, not just physically; but in that hardened way most people who suffer look.
DegenerateDog
DegenerateDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:58 pm

The mention of food had reminded Alice of just how hungry she was. The lack of having money for the simple things such as a taxi vexed her. Jamie had provided most of her things she has right now, it would have been best if he didn't have to worry about feeding her. Hopefully this meeting would be prudent for the both of them. If she was going to eat right now, it meant walking back to the outskirts of Gotham.

"Coffee." She said wiping her face. "And if you have any kind of tomato soup with noodles or something that'd be great." Alice said flipping through the two paged menu and not seeing anything worth her interest. She couldn't imagine it costing any more than what she had in her pockets.

It wasn't until she looked up at the young girl, that she raised a peculiar eyebrow. She was younger than she sounded. Alice kept her thoughts to herself, but she imagined she must be the daughter of the owners. Otherwise child labor laws were simply ignored here.

"No rush." She said softly.
Mercy
Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DegenerateDog Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:10 pm

“Sure thing Ma’am! We’ve got minestrone, which has like noodles and beans and stuff. It’s good, I swear!” Mame gave a nod and turned on her heel back towards the kitchen, rolling her eyes as Bonnie gave her a smug look. Yeah yeah, ya old bitch. Watch me work.

Once behind the safety of the Kitchen door, Mame shouted for the chef to ladle some of his crappy soup into a mug, all the while she went about prepping a cup of coffee on a tray. All in all it took ten minutes for the order, ten minutes of Mame adjusting the stirring spoon, sugars and cream cup just right on the sticky red plastic tray.

Once all of the items were set, Mame plucked up the tray and walked back out onto the floor, where she made a beeline for Alice.

The youth placed the tray down for Alice, before sliding into the booth across from her and steepling her fingers in front of her mouth. Mame stared the other blonde down, but couldn’t quite keep the grin from spread across her pallid features.

“A pleasure to meet you Ms. Mau.”
DegenerateDog
DegenerateDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:18 pm

There was a distant thought in Alice's head that made her think about what just happened. She couldn't comprehend that the girl in front of her was the one who called the meeting. She was simply surprised with the fact that someone so young could be offering her a fruitful financial opportunity with her skill-set. Alice was almost sure this was some sort of trick. Still, she decided to play along and take everything this young frail girl to heart.

"Mame." She replied looking down and taking a sip from the coffee as it was presented. She didn't want to make any assumptions, and she couldn't be any more careful than she was. Underneath the layers of clothing she was packing heat. A knife was hidden and strapped to the side of her shin. She had to choose her words carefully. "So, where do we begin?"
Mercy
Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DegenerateDog Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm

Mame pulled her hood up into place and leaned back in the booth, giving her head a little toss to let her bangs fall back into place over her right eye. “How about you drink your coffee and let me do the talking for a bit.” It wasn’t a suggestion, the tight, serious line of the youths mouth was a clear enough sign of that.

“I am gonna go under the assumption you know how this kind of thing works, but figured I should lay down my ground rules before either of us make any promises.” Mame tapped her fingers across the wooden table top, turning to watch the group of sad jerks drinking their nights away at the bar. “Anyone asks, you don’t use my name. Don’t tell anyone I am your contact or where we meet or even the street near where we meet. You put me or my contacts at risk, you can kiss any intel I may give you goodbye.” Mame's eyes snapped back to look across at Alice, pinning her with a stern, narrowed stare.

Mame jabbed her index finger into the tabletop a few times to get her point across. “You do your job right, you don’t double cross me and give me the info I want; You get paid and I’ll look out for you. That’s the deal.”
DegenerateDog
DegenerateDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:44 pm

The woman listened to Mame talk, looking down at the poor reflection of the chandelier lights shaking in her mug. Nodding in agreement with Mame's demands, as she explained her laundry list of corollaries. All of a sudden, she didn't want to drink anymore. Looking up with determination in her eyes, after she was done speaking Alice replied "If it's as much money as you promised, my loyalty lies with my employer."

She seemed to know what she was doing. Alice was getting the impression this wasn't her first gig, in fact she was speaking with what seemed to be years if experience. "No questions asked. You tell me what to do and I'll get it done." She agreed and took an idle sip from her mug despite her reservations.

Alice was only simply happy to be getting work, even if it was from a girl probably half her age.
Mercy
Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DegenerateDog Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:04 pm

Mame’s eyebrow twitched and she leaned in a bit closer, jabbing a finger accusingly at the other woman. “Listen, monetary loyalty is all well and good--but if you want to build a decent rep and earn a living in this town you’ve gotta have integrity. If you double cross me because some other mook offers you better pay, I will make sure everyone in this town knows Alice Mau is a backstabbing fuck who’ll turn on you for a dime.”

The teen snarled, a dark look passing over her features before it melted away to one of neutrality. It was obvious she had been double crossed before, and was making sure Alice was aware of the consequences. “If you’re as good as you’re acting you are, then this should be a cakewalk.”

Mame pulled a delicately folded piece of paper out of her coat pocket, holding it out for Alice to take as she seemed to visibly settle down from her little outburst.
DegenerateDog
DegenerateDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:38 pm

Alice placed a hand over Mame's shoulder and shoved her back in her seat. The closeness of the teen was making her uneasy, and that was probably the point. She was just watching out for herself, and why wouldn't she? Still, it was as if Mame just didn't trust her. That needed to change.

"Chill out." Alice calmly said to the shivering and mouth foaming youth, "I'm not going to betray you Mame. I know a thing or two about allegiance. It's in my blood. I assure you, I need you as much as you need me. Now if we could get the pleasantries out of the way? I agree to all the terms and conditions."

The blonde woman looked over to the piece of paper, with no doubt sensitive information on it. She took the sheet and brought it in close. Unfolding it she cocked her head and secretly prepared herself to be underwhelmed. Looking at it, she raised her eyebrow.

"What's this?"
Mercy
Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DegenerateDog Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:35 pm

The shove was not welcomed, and Mame bore her teeth at Alice in a silent snarl of contempt. The teen pushed the hand away from her shoulder and leaned back in her seat, eyes narrowed but all other signs of aggression bled from her just as easily as they had come.

Reaching back across the table, Mame took the coffee and began to prep it for her own consumption, scowling into the black liquid. “That is the name and address for your target. The address is a safe house so go into it under the assumption that there will be armed bodyguards on the premises. Don't let anyone see your face, wear a mask.”

Plopping some cream into the coffee and stirring it a few times, Mame seemed to take her time with explaining the hit. “You’ll get paid after the guy is dead, and after you go to that second address at the bottom. Which is where you’ll meet my contact, who has your money and will want proof of the target’s death. Bring the head, these bozos like the theatrics.”
DegenerateDog
DegenerateDog
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mercy Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:03 am

That was peculiar. "His head? What is this, the dark ages?" Alice asked in astonishment, she wasn't sure how things went here in Gotham, but she felt if that's what they wanted that's what they'll get. The woman rubbed her eyes as she felt Mame's frustration translate to her. "Fine, I'll bring back his head. Might have a big hole the size of your fist in it, so unless he can check dental records it may be unrecognizable."

Leaning back into the seat, she pocketed her hands, as if she was unsure what to do with them. The smell of fish and the sea was still present as ever and the earthy steam of the coffee didn't help as much as she had hoped it would. "Anything else?" Alice asked picking up her soup and beginning the descent of warm frothy soup fill her soul.
Mercy
Mercy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down